At AF Tax Solutions we provide high-quality services as medical accountants.
Andrew Fenton is a former Inspector of Taxes and has worked for 10 years in private practice. He offers specialist advice to doctors and consultants to minimise their tax liabilities and reduce the risk of HMRC enquiries.
Andrew regularly lectures at hospitals, offering specialist and practical tax advice to busy doctors and consultants. Main areas of advice include:
- Assistance with preparation of financial accounts and tax returns Specialist advice on expenses doctors are able to claim to reduce their tax liabilities (including course fees and training expenses for employed doctors)
- Advice on what constitutes a “business journey” when claiming motor expenses. This is still a highly contentious area that HMRC are keen to scrutinise during enquiries
- Whether to incorporate (trade as a limited company) your private practice
- Tax-efficient exit strategies when the company has ceased trading
- Assistance with HMRC enquiries
- Advice on NHS pensions and the annual allowance change (where growth in NHS pensions exceeds £40,000) Regular client briefings
If you would like to arrange a tax seminar at your hospital or place of work, please do not hesitate to contact us. This can be arranged outside office hours at a location that suits you.